Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Thats how I made it thru...

When I went to church on Sunday, I took my bible. We went back to our old church RCI and I knew Pastor King would have us turning this pages like leaves blowing on a crisp autumn day. I picked it up and dusted it off, *Yes, I said dusted it off* and took it with me. Once I got to church and opened it, it was like I had opened a time capsule that had been closed up since 2007, date to be opened: unknown. 2007 was the worst year of my life. I can say this without a shadow of a doubt. I look back now and wonder how I made it thru. I got so angry at the world, and at God for the things that happened to me. I mean since I was a church goer and a Christian..I didn't understand what was happening to me.(Just a back ground, My hubby lost his job without warning, my 17 year-old brother drown, a month later we lost our house (due to the job), and soon after there was some martial problems that caused a separation.) As I sat in church I wondered. How could I turn my back on my most valued resource? How can I turn my back on Jesus? and yet I realized even though I acted like a child, throwing a temper tantrum stomping off to my bedroom slamming door shut and locking myself in, I realized God never turned his back on me. He sat and waited until I was ready to come out and show my face again, once my tears were dry and I stopped feeling sorry for myself. He was there. He heard the door unlock and when the door opened he was standing there with open arms. Just like a Father. *That's how I made it thru* His Grace **That's how I made it thru** His Blood ***That's how I made it thru*** his protection ****That's how I made it thru*** and most of all...his Love. *****THAT'S HOW I MADE IT THRU!!!!!*****

It is now 2011. I feel like my heart is healing and I feel God with me everyday, I have a new Home the Lord has blessed me with that is bigger and nicer then the one I lost, My hubby and I are back together we are still working on our marriage, we have come along way with still a ways to go. But I can feel God rebuilding me. Its the greatest feeling, I still stumble but I know that God is there for me when ever I need Him, all I have to do is close my eyes and I can feel his loving arms around me, comforting me, and for that I'm forever grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment